3 Ways to Reduce Turnaround Time
We know how crucial timely turnaround is for you, so here are three things you can do to enable your plating company to get your plated parts back to you as soon as possible:
1. Accurate purchase orders. Inaccurate orders can get held up in the receiving department and delay delivery of your parts to the plater’s shop floor for up to several days.
2. Consistent flow of deliveries. A consistent flow of the same parts will enable your plating company to properly staff their personnel and maintain a rhythm to stay “in shape.” This could allow your plater to maintain labor levels and result in a faster lead time.
3. Clear communications. When you ask your plating company to generate an estimate for you, clear communication is key. There are a numbers of topics that should be discussed at that time an estimate is being developed, such as:
- What kind of packaging will be used?
- What is the plating specification (zinc thickness, passivate color, etc.)?
- What is the quantity being sent?
If this information isn’t provided until the first order is received, there’s a good chance the plater will have to change the process, recalculate the cost, and delay the delivery of your plated parts.
The time it takes do these things will be dwarfed by the time they save in getting your perfectly plated parts back to you.